YMCAs of South Palm Beach / Engineering SupportRick Mancinelli
C3 is proud to announce that Lester Chin Cheong, who provides both pre-sales and post-sales technical consulting and engineering support for C3, has chosen to volunteer his expertise to the Peter Blum Family YMCA of Boca Raton. The IT infrastructure at this particular facility also supports the DeVos-Blum Family YMCA of Boynton Beach, YMCA of South Palm Beach County, NCCI’s corporate headquarters, and The Schmidt Family YMCA Child Development Center at Mae Volen, so this is a wide-ranging engagement.
His engagement with them began in January of 2011 and, since that time, has resulted in several important achievements thus far:
- Key information about the network infrastructure has been documented.
- The IT Director has been coached in Windows Server 2008 administration.
- Active Directory has been reorganized.
- Existing Group Policies have been improved.
- New Group Policies have been deplotyed.
- Consolidated and removed old servers so as to decrease power consumption.
- Assisted in the implementation of the training centers.
There is still much work left to be accomplished. C3 is proud to support Lester in his continuing efforts to make a difference in the community.
The YMCA of South Palm Beach County began as a single branch in 1972. It has since grown to three branches and serves more than 55,000 residents. The organization currently povides approximately $1 million in scholarship assistance each year through annual contributions to the Partners with Youth Scholarship Program, and it allows ALL community members to participate in programs – regardless of their ability to pay fees. For more information, please visit their web site at http://www.ymcaspbc.org.