2014 Year In ReviewLosomo
As we prepare to close the books on 2014, I thought it would be a good time to take a look back on C3’s highlights of the past year. Before doing so, however, I wanted to take a moment to thank the amazing team we have here at C3, our many clients and fans, and the vendors who enable the solutions that we provide. Without all of you, none of this would have been possible…..
- C3 Hires New COO – Bill Mulcahy joined C3 as its new Chief Operating Officer. Bill brought more than 30 years of executive leadership to C3.
- Strategic Alliance with Miami Data Vault – C3 and Miami Data Vault (“MDV”) announced a strategic partnership which would see MDV selling C3 Cloud and Managed Services to its expanding customer base.
- C3 Adds Complete Suite of Telecom Services – Seeking to make it easier for our clients to conduct business, C3 added a complete suite of wholesale voice and data communication services to its portfolio. Clients would now have a single point of contact for all of their voice and data needs.
- Miami Data Center Online – C3 began providing Cloud services out of its newest presence at the Miami Data Vault.
- Announced Development of Nationwide Partner Program – Seeking to grow beyond the limitations of a direct sales model, C3 announced it was developing a Channel Partner program for IT Firms, CLECs, IXCs, Telecom Brokers, and others interested in selling Cloud services. Industry veteran Denny Harabin was tapped to lead the effort.
- C3 Hires New Manager of Channel Support – Jennie Pagan joined C3 and brought several years of Telecom Agent Support experience to the team.
- eMerge Americas – C3 exhibited at the first ever eMerge America conference. With over 6000 attendees, 400 exhibitors, 150 sponsors, all representing more than 30 countries, it was an excellent event. We look forward to being there again May 1-5 in 2015.
- Horizon 6 Beta Class – Suzanne Miles and I were invited by VMware to attend the Beta version of their Horizon 6 training class. It was an honor to have TWO engineers among the 14 total chosen to attend. Horizon 6 has since been released and has proven to be the hands-down industry leading desktop AND application virtualization platform. We are already hearing whispers about what will be included in the next version and the future for Horizon looks very bright!
- MA CLEC Approval – C3 was approved by Massachusetts as a CLEC.
- TX CLEC Approval – C3 was approved by Texas as a CLEC.
- FL CLEC Approval – C3 was approved by Florida as a CLEC.
- Announced Availability of Nationwide Channel Program – After more than 6 months of development, C3 announced the availability of its Nationwide Channel Partner Program and began the recruiting process.
- Cloud Partners Conference – C3 sought to make its presence known in the Agent & Channel Partner space with a 20′ booth at the Cloud Partners conference in New Orleans, and that is exactly what we did!
- C3’s Inaugural Miami Open House – Three information-packed standing room only presentations were followed by an outstanding networking event attended by over 200 executives from across South Florida. Hosted by C3 and MDV, the event featured casino style gaming, an amazing DJ, great food, several bars, and tours of South Florida’s premier data center. We are already hard at work on next year’s event!
- Named 5th Fastest Growing Tech Firm in South Florida – For the second consecutive year, C3 announced that it was named to the South Florida Business Journal’s FastTech List.
- Boca Data Center Presence Shuttered – With the need for facility-neutral access to more carriers, redundant generators, dual power feeds, and a location outside of the 500 year flood plain, C3 elected to shut down its Cloud hosting presence at the small facility in Boca Raton that it once occupied and focus on its premier presence at the Miami Data Vault.
- Strategic Alliance with Atlantic Broadband Announced – C3 and Atlantic Broadband announced they would be working together to add C3’s Cloud, Telecom and Managed Services to Atlantic Broadband’s fiber solutions.
- Named A Best Place to Work – Also for the second consecutive year, the South Florida Business Journal announced C3’s inclusion on its short list of the Best Places to Work in South Florida.
- PA CLEC Approval – C3 was approved by Pennsylvania as a CLEC.
Check back in a few days for a look forward on what we believe will be the key drivers for 2015!